Milwaukee Kayak Company
Thank you for visiting Milwaukee Kayak Company – offering kayak, canoe and standup paddleboard rentals on the Milwaukee River with easy access to the Menomonee and KK Rivers. Milwaukee Kayak Company (MKC) was founded in 2013 after many years of adventures and exploration on our urban water trail which includes the Milwaukee, Menomonee and KK Rivers. We are celebrating our 3rd season and look forward to seeing you on the river soon!
• Tuesday-Friday 10am – 7:30pm
• Saturday-Sunday 9am – 7:30pm
* all boats need to be back to our dock by 7:30pm
* we are closed on Mondays / open Labor Day
Upcoming Events & Classes:
• Recreational Kayaking Basics Classes
• Sturgeonfest at Lakeshore State Park – paddle demo (Sat, Sept. 26th)
• Urban Island Beach Party – paddle demo (Sat, Aug. 1st 11am-4pm)
* Many of our guided paddles and events are booked for the season- thanks for your interest. Daily rentals are still available so if you’d like to go out on your own, please give us a call to reserve your kayaks. Upon arrival, we will outfit you with the proper kayak, life jacket and paddle. We will review the River Map and be sure you are comfortable on-land before venturing out. Call anytime (414) 301-2240. If you receive our voice mail, please leave a message and we’ll call you back asap (please note that if we don’t answer we are busy outfitting kayakers and working the dock).
Can we launch personal watercraft from MKC?
We cannot launch personal watercraft from our location because we are located on private property. There is a public launch directly across from our dock (Broadway & Erie Street) and one down river too (Riverfront Boat Launch). Both are very convenient, especially if you have friends renting from MKC… simply launch your boat and paddle up to our dock to meet them. Click here for more specific information, thanks for your understanding.
What should we bring when kayaking with MKC?
We receive lots of questions about what people should bring when they rent kayaks from us. Our suggestion is to keep it simple – and keep it smart. Breathable clothing, simple footwear and bottled water are great starters. Read more here.
Thanks for visiting our website. Please check back for updates and connect with us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. #MKC #milwaukeekayak #paddleonmilwaukee